Launched in 2012, Daraz is South Asia’s online shopping and selling destination of choice – present in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Nepal. Supported by a wide range of tailored marketing, data, and service solutions, the pioneering e-commerce ecosystem in South Asia has 30,000 sellers and 500 brands, serving 5 million consumers. With 2 million products available, Daraz offers a diverse assortment of products in categories ranging from consumer electronics to household goods, beauty, fashion, sports equipment, and groceries. Focused on providing an excellent customer experience, it offers multiple payment methods including cash-on-delivery, comprehensive customer care and hassle- free returns. Daraz is owned by Alibaba Group Holding Limited.
At Daraz, we believe in chasing hard towards big goals. By 2022, we have six aspirations to lead Pakistan into the digital era:
1) As the market leader, we will continue to drive 100%+ annual growth of the e-commerce market for the next 4 years.
2) Reach 200,000 active Daraz sellers (all educated through Daraz University).
3) Engage 25 million Daraz users monthly by being relevant, convenient and service-minded.
4) Create 1 million jobs for marketplace participants.
5) Fully digitalize the logistics ecosystem with real-time visibility for customers regardless of location.
6) Introduce digital payments to 10 million new customers.
• Design, develop, implement and standardise metrics to measure traffic performance effectively and efficiently across 5 ventures
• Oversee Traffic Operations departmental Weekly Business Review reports’ generation, ensure timeliness, accuracy and standardization of the data and reports
• Generate data insights to help management and stakeholders better understand user journey, traffic flow, campaign performance, user engagement channel performance, user behaviour and preferences
• Supervise and mentor local Traffic Performance Management teams to conduct deep dive analysis and thematic analysis to drive performance improvement
• Be in-charge of routine and ad-hoc data extraction and reports/dashboards development requests from sub-departments under Traffic Operations
• Be part of the core taskforce to design and streamline analytics framework and workflow both regionally and locally
• Be part of the core taskforce to drive data-insights function and facilitate management on data-driven decision-making
• Be the go-to person for any information management, data processing and analytics related topics and conduct workshops
• Strong understanding of data structure and database techniques, visualization best practices
• Strong cross-functions and cross level communication skills
• Proficient in SQL, Python, BI tools such as Tableau, QlikView is a must
• Prior knowledge in Data/Manipulation/Wrangling, Analytics, Statistics, Economics or Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related technical field
• Proven experience in handling e-commerce operations data is an advantage
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines including the ability to multitask, prioritize and manage competing demands and expectations
• Ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses