Incharge Quality/ Engineer Quality
Typical Responsibilities include:
1. Supervision of Online UT inspection, Visual inspection of bare and coated pipes, Dynamic Digital Radiography & film radiography inspection, final inspection, shot blasting inspection, coating final inspection and lab. testing.
Ensure compliance of API 5L specifications, DIN 30670, client specifications and CSAPL SOPs within the department.
2. Coordinate with clients’ representatives for inspecting and testing of raw material and pipes. Resolve any dispute/issues on quality of the product with clients’ representative/inspectors.
3. Review and approve inspection documents including production floor inspection reports, lab. testing reports, Mill test certificates, welding and welder qualification reports etc.
4. Ensure the availability of the items when required. Recommend purchase requisition for different consumables, spares, inspection instruments and test equipment. Raise service requisition and purchase requisition for testing and calibration and other items required by QC department.
5. Ensure calibration of inspection equipments, testing machines, welding machines and other plant equipments.
6. Ensure timely data entry such as for ERP, Google docs, e.t.c. Raise tickets for IT related issues. Raise work requests for Maintenance or testing related issues.
7. Assess training needs of Quality Control department staff to improve their understanding of QC, QMS, HSE and product requirements. Perform Quality Objectives Target Setting and Monitoring activities of Quality Control Department. Implement actions for achieving the targets and prepare relevant records.
8. Implement management systems (API Q1, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001) in the Quality Control Department at Pipe & Coating Plants.
9. Ensure the availability of personnel monitoring equipments i.e. film badges and maintain the records of the radiation dose results received from PINSTECH. Ensure yearly medical check-up of the radiation workers being carried out in time and maintain the record. Ensure HSE compliance is observed which includes PPE(s) compliance for working in QC Department.
Education: B.E/ B.S in Metallurgy/ Materials/ Mechanical/ Industrial, Valid ASNT UT & RT Level II.
Experience: Min. 5 years of experience in similar role in steel welded pipe and 3 Layer PE coating inspection (having in depth knowledge of SAWH bare pipe inspection as per API 5L and 3LPE coating inspection as per DIN 30670), Computer literate must have MS Excel, MS outlook and ERP skills.